(meant, meant)
The red light means “Stop”.
红灯表示“停”。
The flashing red light means there is a paper jam.
红灯闪烁表示卡纸了。
If you nod your head you usually mean yes.
如果你点头,通常表示你同意。
I want to buy her something really special, if you know what I mean.
我想给她买个真正特别的东西,你明白我的意思吧?
Spending too much now will mean a shortage of cash next year.
现在花费太多会导致明年现金短缺。
I didn’t mean any harm. I was trying to drive a rat out.
我并没有恶意,我只是想把老鼠赶出去。
What did she mean by leaving so early?
她为什么这么早就走了?
The chair was clearly meant for a child.
这椅子显然是专门为儿童预备的。
This is the last time I’m waiting for you. I mean it (= I’m serious).
这是我最后一次等你。我说到做到!
The restaurant is meant to be excellent.
大家都说这家饭店很棒。
— What do you think is the matter with your car?
你认为你的车有什么毛病?
— Well, it wouldn’t start at all. I mean, I turned the key and nothing happened.
唉,它根本发动不起来,我是说,我转动了钥匙,结果什么反应也没有。
He has always been mean with his money.
他向来花钱小气。
It is mean to speak ill of others.
说别人坏话是卑鄙的行为。