[C]
lose one’s way
迷路
Could you please show / tell me the way to Beihai Park?
请问到北海公园怎么走?
Want a lift? It’s on my way.
要搭车吗?你和我同路。
the way in / out
入口/出口
Look both ways before crossing the road.
过马路前要朝左右两边看一看。
We just missed a taxi coming the other way.
我们刚错过一辆从对面开过来的出租车。
The beach is a long way from here.
海滩离这里很远。
We still have a long way to go to solve all the problems concerning the Yangtze River.
要解决涉及长江的所有问题,我们还有很长的一段路要走。
the best way to do / of doing sth
做某事的最佳途径
What surprised me was not what he said but the way (that / in which) he said it.
令我吃惊的不是他说的话而是他说话的方式。
It’s not his way to wait passively for things to happen.
被动地等待事情发生不是他的风格。
Ben is a perfectly normal child in every way.
本在各方面都是一个完全正常的孩子。
British ways of living
英国人的生活方式
The girls climbed down the tree and ran all the way to the riverside.
女孩们从树上爬下来,一路跑向河边。
I’m with you all the way.
我完全支持你。
He flew to America by way of Hong Kong.
他坐飞机经香港去美国。
Children often learn reading by way of pictures.
孩子们通常看图识字。
give way to pressure
在压力下让步
He was always honest with us and never gave way to disappointment, even when the ship sank.
他对我们总是坦诚相待,并且从不灰心丧气,即使船沉的时候也是如此。
Cinemas have gradually given way to the rise of the Internet and cellphones.
电影院逐渐被新兴的网络和手机所取代。
In a way, I’m glad you made that mistake, for it’ll serve as a warning to you.
在某种程度上说,你犯了那个错误我倒感到高兴,因为它会为你敲响警钟。
I am in no way to blame.
我一点错也没有。
In no way can we allow this to continue.
我们决不能容忍这样的事情继续下去。
Nothing is to stand in my way.
没有什么能阻挡我。
Although I thought I was helping my parents prepare dinner, I was only in the way.
虽然我认为自己是在帮父母准备饭菜,但实际上只是碍手碍脚。
Let’s keep out of her way while she is in such a bad mood.
她心情这样不好的时候咱们避开她吧。
— I think you should phone Jenny and say sorry to her.
我认为你应该打电话向珍妮道歉。
— No way. It was her fault.
不可能,都是她的错。
<b>There's no way</b> we could afford that sort of money.
我们无论如何都花不起那种钱。
As he walked on, Pierre moved out of the way for him to pass.
当他往前走的时候,皮埃尔让开路让他过去。
| Related Words | |
|---|---|
| 相关单词 | ways |