They sang songs as they were doing farm work.
他们一边干农活,一边唱着歌。
As the average age of the population increases, there are more and more old people to care for.
随着人口平均年龄的增长,有越来越多的老年人需要关照。
As he wasn’t ready in time, we went without him.
因为他没有及时准备好,我们没等他就走了。
Clever as she is, she works very hard. / Although she is clever, she works very hard.
尽管聪明,她还是很努力。
When in Rome do as the Romans do.
入乡随俗。
We’d better leave things as they are until the police arrive.
在警察到来前,我们最好让现场保持原样。
As for my favorite figure in Chinese history, it must be Wei Yuan, a great thinker in the late Qing Dynasty.
至于我最喜欢的中国历史人物,他一定是晚清伟大的思想家魏源。
It looks as if it is going to rain.
看样子好像要下雨。
I remember the whole thing as if it happened yesterday.
整个事情我都记得很清楚,就像发生在昨天一样。
He speaks English perfectly as if / though he had lived in England for many years.
他英语讲得很好,好像他在英国生活了很多年似的。
As it is, I have a garden full of sweet-smelling roses for most of the year.
其实,我有一座花园,一年中大部分时间都玫瑰飘香。
I’ve already gone into debt as it is, so don’t expect any more money from me.
我已经欠债了,所以不要指望我会再出钱。
I’m in a puzzle as to what to do next.
关于下一步该做什么我也不知道。
Ten years ago the population of our village was twice as large as that of theirs.
十年前我们村子的人口数量是他们的两倍。
Some scientists even say we can live as long as 130 years!
一些科学家甚至说我们能活到130岁!
I hope I’ll work in a computer company as a program designer.
我希望会在电脑公司上班,从事程序设计员的工作。